This content describes the configuration and management of Adapters. It is intended for database administrators and application
developers. Adapters enable clients to manage data from virtually any data source, and on any operating system, through the
use of SQL statements. This content is intended for all users who have configured any of the supported adapters for their
The following Key Features are introduced in Release 7708/8203:
- Adapter for Apache Spark. Provides for analysis of both structured and complex data, and is a fast and general engine for large-scale data processing.
- Adapter for Microsoft SQL Server Azure Data Warehouse. Allows applications to access big data stored in the Microsoft cloud, by converting data or application requests into native
T-SQL statements and returns optimized answer sets to the requesting program.
- Adapter for Hyperledger Fabric. Allows you to seamlessly communicate with IBM Hyperledger Fabric, which provides support for permissioned blockchain applications.
Blockchain technology is a distributed record of transactions validated and stored at multiple peer locations in a network.
- Adapter for Amazon Athena. This query service allows you to access data stored in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) by using standard SQL.
- Adapter for Rserve. Enables you to run an R script from a WebFOCUS report or chart request.
Enhancements to Existing Adapters:
- Adapter for SAP. Now supports SAP S/4 HANA®, an intelligent ERP solution. If you rely on the current Adapter for SAP, you can now take advantage of all the benefits of SAP S/4HANA, such as better
performance and unparalleled simplicity, while reusing business logic and data in new application initiatives.
- Adapter for Oracle®. Now supports the use of Temporal queries from Oracle System-Versioned Tables, which allows you to access flashback data stored
in the database as of a specified time.
- Extended Bulk Load is now available on the adapter for Salesforce.com. This enhancement makes it the very first non-SQL adapter with this capability. Extended bulk load uses the Salesforce Bulk
API for faster throughput.
- Adapters for SQL Server now support read/write access to the Microsoft Azure SQL Database. This enhancement allows you to deploy a modern cloud-based SQL Server solution that enables you to better use your data for